Are you a US-based Project Architect with previous consulting experience? Prime Engineering is an award-winning Architecture and Engineering Firm that specializes in providing solutions for aviation, logistics, and commercial clients. Our growing Atlanta office is seeking a Project Architect who has experience in all phases of project design including pre-design, construction documents, and construction administration.
Responsible for everyday project activities, quality control and project delivery, overseeing all phases of the project from pre-design to construction administration, production of design and construction documents, including drawings and specifications, shop drawing reviews, site visitation and project closeout. Has excellent technical knowledge and management skills and can plan, direct and monitor all aspects of projects. Directs and coordinates workload with project team and consultants to meet schedules. Reviews architectural documents for coordination with all disciplines. Has extensive knowledge and understanding of project development process including construction, site planning, structural and MEP criteria. Adheres to company policies and procedures. Works well with minimal direction and supervision, reports to the PM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with architecture/engineering disciplines on complex projects
- Develop conceptual design presentations and construction documents
- Onsite meetings with clients, consultants, and general contractors
This Job Might Be For You If You
- Enjoy and excel at handling all project phases including planning, design, permitting, and construction administration
- Have excellent communication skills and are committed to deadlines
- Are dependable, responsible, flexible, and resourceful and communicate with a high-level of professionalism with clients, consultants and office staff
- Have project experience with commercial and industrial facilities
- Want professional growth in architecture and across other disciplines
- Have logistics/supply chain facilities experience; Aviation (airside/landside) experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture; Masters preferred
- 5-8 years’ of professional experience
- Licensure in Architecture – preferred
- Strong leadership skills – ability to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Coordinates, writes and/or edits architectural specifications
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations and approval process
- Thorough understanding of building systems and site requirements (Structural, MEP, Civil, and Geotech)
- Highly organized, detail-driven and conscientious
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Proficiency with MS Office, Revit and AutoCAD
Why people join Prime?
The single most important reason is an opportunity for challenging work and advancement. Our growth objectives are stretching and challenging. We take pride in what we do and believe that anything worth doing is worth doing with excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company paid Professional Development and Licensing