Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking an Aviation Practice Leader with additional experience in site design on the landside of airports to assist our team to grow our aviation practice in the southeast specifically in the Florida Region.
Prime Engineering, Inc. helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are engineers, architects, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
The Aviation Practice Leaders role will be to drive growth and development within this market segment. The role will appeal to someone who is highly motivated to develop and drive a successful business and who has strong connections and networks within commercial airport facilities. This role will offer an excellent opportunity for development and collaboration with clients, elected officials, industry associations, technical leaders, and project specialists in a dynamic work environment and a culture that is direct, supportive, and flexible.
- Responsible for driving the growth, strategy, and sale of Prime’s services to the aviation sector, including key strategic customers and partners in the Southeast Region – specifically building the aviation business in Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania areas as a starting point.
- Growing and Managing Team for aviation design.
- Works with the other business lines and market sector leaders in the region to ensure strategic business growth.
- Builds strong relationships and interacts with clients, teaming partners, industry groups, and stakeholders linked to the Aviation industry, serving as an ambassador for Prime
- Drawing on technical expertise directs the development of capture plans that conforms to the business development strategy and technical capabilities
- Defines and mitigates risks and commercial terms during the pursuit process. Negotiates favorable contract terms and conditions, manages achievement of sales goals, gross margin, backlog, and other financial and business goals
- Key Performance Indicators: Sales, Net Service Revenue (NSR) bookings, book-to-burn, backlog growth, gross margin, market share, BD ROI, client satisfaction, industry leadership
- When appropriate and needed, serve as Principal in Charge or Project/Program Manager for key pursuits in the region that are of strategic importance.
- Starting and developing an office in Florida region.
- Exceptional business development, client care skills and business acumen coupled with business development
- Excel in handling all project phases including planning, design, permitting, and construction administration.
- Must have excellent communication skills and are committed to deadlines.
- Must be dependable, responsible, flexible, and resourceful and communicate with a high-level of professionalism with clients, sub-consultants, and office staff.
- Must have project experience with: Pavement design and rehabilitation; Site grading and drainage; Hydraulics; Utilities; Water quality; Water and sewer; Stormwater; Permitting; and Surveying; Taxiways/aprons, Jet bridges.
- Desires professional growth in civil engineering and across other disciplines.
- Current or previous aviation industry (airside and landside) or commercial logistics experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Airport Planning
- 12+ years’ experience of related aviation engineering industry experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 4 years of leadership
- Previous experience in sales related tasks and tracking
- Professional Engineering license required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, AutoCAD, and AutoCAD Civil 3D
Why people join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
What Prime Offers
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations