Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a Business Development Manager for our Atlanta Office.
Prime Engineering, Inc. helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are engineers, architects, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
As a Business Development Manager for the Facilities and Transportation Market Segment you will lead the business development activities for this sector involving, but not limited to the following duties:
Work with the Market Segment Manager and Team Leaders to develop a clear business development plan for the Facilities and Transportation Market Segment in conjunction with the annual strategic planning for the firm and update as needed throughout the year to meet marketplace and client needs.
Growth – Pursue new growth initiatives for the firm to achieve a growth rate of a minimum of 20%.
Sales and Client Relations – Provide the stewardship necessary to develop new and maintain current business relationships by:
- Demonstrate lead development and account cultivation skills, including relationship building, effective negotiation, and closing techniques.
- Consultative sales experience through a detailed needs analysis, direct communication, and a solutions-based mindset
- Using consultative selling skills to isolate need, provide feedback/insight
- Generate interest in Prime Engineering and its capabilities
- Gain access to the right people within target clients
- Maintain proactive client relationships
- Manage sales contacts and reporting for architects and engineer seller doers.
- Gather fact-finding information, present proposals, and acquire new clients by developing solid relationships
- Qualify and process leads and opportunities.
- Carry projects from conception to contract.
- Cultivate relationships and referrals, create raving fans.
- Expect to self-generate leads to maintain your pipeline, with supplemented leads provided by the company.
- Perform cold calling, networking, and event attendance nationally.
- Prepare professional, accurate and intuitive proposals for customers.
- Maintain Customer Relations Management system (CRM) regularly and accurately.
- Partner with operations team to provide efficient and thorough transition from sale to installation.
- Effectively work in a dynamic, high-energy environment
- Meet goals and deadlines consistently.
- Prioritize, multi-task, and follow up with internal and external customers consistently and timely.
- Continuously learn and grow within the industry knowledgebase.
- Be flexible in your approach(es), while focusing on the primary goal (sales)
- Active involvement in industry-related boards, fields, technical committees, or memberships
- Represent the firm such that prospective clients and others in the marketplace understand the values, culture, and vision for the firm so that the firm is perceived well in the marketplace and a great place to work.
Sales Administration and Firmwide Interface:
- Ensure the sales pipeline is updated monthly to be accurate and consistent with current sales activities.
- Develop the overview for the Facilities and Transportation Team and lead/participate in the monthly sales meetings for the firm.
- Learn Strategic Account Management (SAM) processes and engage with the client managers for Prime’s Strategic Accounts to support sales of those accounts as needed. Lead and ensure participation in quarterly SAM reviews.
- Meet a set of clearly defined goals and objectives for the role developed collaboratively within one month of hire date and annually revised to meet the needs for each succeeding year.
Responsibility for the Direction of Others:
- Will supervise or coordinate the work of administrative or technical staff, and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience selling Consultant Services Projects valued over $250,000 strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in B2B (Business to Business) sales
- Experience with “consultative” selling a must.
- Must be self-motivated to prospect and always fill your pipeline.
- Driven to achieve and exceed sales quotas.
- Proven ability to be a team player with a desire to grow individually and as a group.
- Proven ability and history of qualifying and closing deals.
- Proven track record of success in a competitive sales environment
- A valid driver’s license, insurance and registration
- Overnight travel will be required
- Ability to manage others both directly and indirectly from a sales strategy perspective.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, & Power Point.
Why people join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
What Prime Offers
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations