Prime Engineering is seeking a reliabile Civil Engineer, EIT to support our engineering services in Atlanta.
Prime Engineering, Inc. helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are engineers, architects, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a reliable, Civil Engineer, EIT to join our team. This position will be based out of our Atlanta, GA office.
This position will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of design projects. The projects can be anything from small single-discipline civil engineering projects to large multi-disciplined projects involving site design, road design, drainage, stormwater management, and utilities; management of other associated disciplines such as architecture, mechanical, electrical, and structural engineering; and management of specialty subconsultants.
- Perform civil engineering design, inspection, permitting, and planning services related to site layout, utility routing, sanitary/storm sewer design, roadways, grading/earthwork, erosion control, and/or stormwater management systems.
- Work alongside other professionals in various disciplines in the development of designs.
- Produce Construction Document Packages including drawings, specifications, cost estimates, calculations, permits and basis of design on a variety of project types.
- Perform site assessments and develop detailed reports with recommendations and cost estimates.
- Take field measurements and notes to document existing facilities.
- Prepare accurate, well-organized, and detailed CAD drawings from field measurements and notes.
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering from an accredited institution.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or the ability to take the test is required.
- Minimum of 1-5 years of experience working in a civil engineering practice.
- Travel, including some overseas to friendly countries, is required. A current passport or the ability to obtain a passport is required.
- Knowledge of civil engineering design principles and construction methods.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and personal computer skills.
Why people join Prime ?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations