Are you a US-based Civil Project Engineer who would like to work in a fast past, growing design consulting engineering firm? Would you like to work in our Atlanta Office where you would be a part of the Infrastructure Market Segment, which specializes in providing solutions for residential, commercial, and municipal clients?
Prime Engineering is seeking a highly motivated Civil Project Engineer to support our engineering services in our Infrastructure Market Segment. You will directly contribute to our rapid growth by learning and applying inter-disciplinary engineering skills in a diverse project environment.
The Project Engineer will provide support during all project phases including: planning, design, permitting, and construction administration. Must have excellent communication skills and committed to deadlines. Project experience will be gained with the following: Hydrology/Hydraulics; HEC/Flood Study Modeling; Utilities; Water quality; Water and sewer; Roads; Stormwater; Permitting; and Surveying.
Our rigorous training program will expose you to every facet of our operation. You will learn not only the necessary technical skills, but also the management characteristics and traits that will make you a top-notch leader. If you have a passion about growing and developing your engineering skills while being introduced to a wide range of unusual and extraordinary clients and projects, then we want you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of design documents, specifications, and cost estimates
- Detailed design engineering
- Preparation of studies and reports
- Site investigations and construction administration
- Identification and management of client deliverables and expectations
- Provide engineering support during all project phases, including planning, design, permitting, and construction administration
- Communicate with clients, subconsultants, and office staff
- Will require minimum travel
This job might be for you if:
- You excel in handling all project phases including planning, design, permitting, and construction administration.
- You have excellent communication skills and are committed to deadlines.
- You are dependable, responsible, flexible, and resourceful and communicate with a high-level of professionalism with clients, sub-consultants and office staff.
- 2+ years of engineering consulting experience
- Strong communication skills
- Must be resourceful and interact with a high level of professionalism with clients, subconsultants, and office staff
- Aptitude for quick and accurate learning
- Working knowledge of MS Office and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum
- EIT certification
Why Prime Engineering?
Why do high achievers join Prime? The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
What Prime Offers
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations
- Beautiful office setting
- Onsite fitness center and café