Prime Engineering, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated entry level structural engineer to support our Industrial team in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Working in our Moon Township office, the entry-level engineer will obtain professional experience through a variety of structural engineering tasks, performed under the direct mentoring of licensed professional engineers. You will contribute to our rapid growth by learning and applying inter-disciplinary engineering skills in a diverse project environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and detail portions of projects under the direction of experienced engineers
- Perform structural calculations, design, and detailing for structural building elements
- Review and interpret technical documents and designs
- Review and evaluate building codes and product specifications to inform designs and analyses
- Correspond directly with clients, design professionals and contractors
- Plan and coordinate work and schedules with clients, other project stakeholders, and staff
- Perform local field visits to document and evaluate existing conditions and ongoing construction
- Author technical reports and project correspondence
- Attend and participate in meetings with clients and other design professionals
- 1-4-year(s) of experience (may include internship and/or coop experience)
- BSCE or MSCE from an ABET accredited institution with a focus or interest in structures
- Experience with AutoCAD (required)
- Experience with Revit, RAM, STAAD, and/or RISA is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to adapt to different project types and tasks on a daily basis
- Eager to learn in every aspect of the job; projects may on occasion require researching and conducting a method of structural analysis
- Able to perform physical field work, including climbing ladders, performing visual observations from afar/rooftops/scaffolding/confined spaces, using precision instruments, etc.
- Previously passed or intend to take Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination; the FE exam must be passed within the first year of employment
- Willing to travel occasionally for various project site visits and meetings
Why people join Prime?
The single most important reason is an opportunity for challenging work and advancement. Our growth objectives are stretching and challenging. We take pride in what we do and believe that anything worth doing is worth doing with excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company paid Professional Development and Licensing