Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a reliable, detail-orientated Department Head of Architecture to join our team. This position is open in our Atlanta, Georgia office location.
Prime Engineering, Inc. (A Stratus Team Company) helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are architects, engineers, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
Prime Engineering provides full-service architecture/interiors, engineering, planning, and construction projects located in our headquarters in Atlanta, GA. This dynamic individual should be motivated by performance and supporting Prime Engineering’s overall mission, as we expand our brand throughout the United States. The Department Head will be responsible for execution of Architectural services across several key markets including Aviation, Logistics, Higher Education, State and Local Government, Department of Defense, Hospitality, and Industrial. These projects require our teams to interact with Clients, work with their client to develop solutions, and successfully execute these projects to make their client successful.
- Function as the Department Leader by providing direction and oversight for technical tasks, administrative tasks, and training.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to less experienced personnel as necessary including encouraging/assisting with their career advancement. As a mentor, provide technical instruction as required.
- Responsible for the Professional and Technical development of all Architecture Staff
- Maintain effective communications with department members, higher management, and clients.
- Performance and Execution
- Perform routine and complex architectural, design, analysis, or other technical tasks within the architectural discipline.
- Provide staffing forecasting on a weekly and monthly basis. Manage the department staff level to balance the number of resources with the amount of effort required. This includes increasing staff, loaning to and/or borrowing from other offices or shifting work between offices.
- Hire, recruit, and maintain (through training) skill sets required to execute our projects.
- Evaluation of employee performance and make recommendations for career development.
- Ensure that all projects have completed Project plans and schedules
- Complete Fee and Expense Estimates for all Architectural projects
- Create project architectural drawings with junior architects and architect assistance
- Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction, and commissioning activities. Including writing technical specifications, conducting technical bid evaluations, and reviewing vendor documentation.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in architectural.
- Research/resolve technical challenges and other unusual design issues that affect one or more projects.
- Ensure the delivery of the Architectural deliverables meet quality expectations, schedule, and are within performance budgets.
- Monitor the quality of the on-going projects performed within the department and make design and/or corrective decisions as required.
- Coordinate with project management, Internal Divisions and Clients to ensure execution of architectural scope of work coincides with Prime’s and the Client’s standard practices and procedures.
- Ensure all work carried out conforms with agreed codes and practices, meets all requirements of the contracts, specification and ensure that all work is carried out within agreed schedules, budgets, and procedures in safe manner.
- Work with others as required to incorporate code and safety requirements into designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited college or university.
- 15 years minimum of architectural experience is desired.
- Architectural license is required; Architectural license in one or more states or ability to obtain is preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, building construction, building systems and site requirements
- Experience using or familiarity with design software (AutoCAD and Revit required).
- Ability to travel as needed by project and department requirements.
- Effectively lead a team of Architects/ Designers of 20+
- Knowledgeable of the ANSI, IEEE, IEC, NEC, and other industry codes, specifications, and standards
- Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures.
- Supervise construction activities to ensure compliance with established building specifications.
- Proffer recommendations to clients on the materials, equipment, and labor required for an architectural undertaking.
- Enforce adherence to health/safety policies and procedures to ensure a risk free and healthy environment.
- Contact clients to present proposals for the management/coordination of a construction project
- Ensure proper documentation of all relevant financial and construction information for reference and report purposes.
Why join Prime ?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations