Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a reliable, detail-orientated Department Head – Mechanical and Process Engineering to join our team. This position is open in all our office locations.
Prime Engineering, Inc. helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are engineers, architects, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
The Mechanical & Process Engineering Department executes an array of projects from small piping and valving upgrades to full facility detailed design. We work in all aspects of Primes’ portfolio, from Industrial to Aviation to Municipal clients. These projects require engineers to interact with Clients, work with their client to develop solutions, and successfully execute these projects to make their client successful.
- Coordinate with project management, Internal Divisions and Clients to ensure execution of mechanical & process scope of work coincides with Prime’s and the Client’s standard practices and procedures.
- Complete Cost Estimates for all Mechanical & Process Engineering Work
- Responsible for the Professional and Technical development of all Mechanical & Process Engineering Staff
- Perform Sales Related activities as needed in support of the overall company sales & revenue goals
- Perform routine and complex engineering, design, analysis, or other technical tasks within the Mechanical & Process discipline.
- Prepare/review pipe flow analysis, pipe stress analysis, equipment layouts, area classifications, sizing calculations, schematics, equipment specifications, data sheets, and technical bid analysis
- Implement Company and Client Standards/Procedures while seeking improvements to work processes and design approaches.
- Create project Mechanical & Process drawings with engineer/designer assistance such piping models, equipment layouts, valving arrangements, reports, 3D scans, etc.
- Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction, and commissioning activities. Including writing technical specifications, conducting technical bid evaluations, and reviewing vendor documentation.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in Mechanical & Process engineering.
- Communicate effectively with the M&P engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Ensure all work carried out conforms with agreed codes and practices, meets all requirements of the contracts, specification and ensure that all work is carried out within agreed schedules, budgets, and procedures in safe manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university required
- Professional Engineer Certification (or able to sit for immediately) required
- Minimum of 10 years of Mechanical & Process Engineering work in the Oil & Gas, Chemical, refinery, or Food & Beverage industry required
- Effectively lead a team of Engineers / Designers of 10+ required
- Knowledgeable of the ANSI, ASME, API, and other industry codes, specifications, and standards
- Familiar with Pipe Flow / Stress requirements and calculations.
- Experience interfacing with and understanding client needs.
- Ability to lead and interact with engineers and designers with clearly established expectations
- Previous experience with Mechanical & Process modeling and analytical software, e.g. Caesar
- Ability to manage scope, schedule, and budget on assigned projects
- Familiar with Mechanical & Process construction techniques, installation practices and plant start-up requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and motivate individuals to attain quality, cost, and schedule objectives
- Strong deliverable focus, ability to plan the work
- A high degree of understanding of inter-discipline dependencies related to the discipline
- Good understanding of procurement, contracting and commissioning methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and ability to work effectively in teams
Why people join Prime ?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations