Prime Engineering, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Structural or Mechanical Design Engineer to support our Industrial team in Huntington, West Virginia.
This Design Engineer will obtain professional experience in a variety of engineering materials and situations under the direct mentoring of licensed professional engineers. You will contribute to our rapid growth by learning and applying multi-disciplinary engineering skills in a diverse project environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and detail portions of projects under the direction of experienced engineers
- Perform structural calculations, design and detailing for structural building elements
- Review and interpret technical documents and designs
- Review and evaluate building codes and product specifications to inform designs and analyses
- Correspond directly with clients, design professionals and contractors
- Plan and coordinate work and schedules with clients, other project stakeholders and staff
- Perform field visits to document and evaluate existing conditions and ongoing construction
- Author technical reports and project correspondence
- Attend and participate in meetings with clients and other design professionals
- 2-5 years’ experience
- BSCE pr MSCE is required
- Experience with AutoCAD is required
- Experience in Civil3D, Plant3D, Microstation, Cadworx Structural, and Revit Preferred
- Experience with RAM or STAAD is required
- Additional experience with Caesar II, Inventor, and Pipeflow is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Willing to adapt to different project types and tasks on a daily basis
- Eager to learn in every aspect of the job
- Able to perform physical field work, including climbing ladders, performing visual observations from afar/rooftops/scaffolding/confined spaces, using precision instruments, etc.
- Currently EIT in civil with interest in structural is required or obtaining EIT within first year as a Mechanical Engineer is required.
Prime Engineering, Inc. is committed to the professional and personal growth of employees and is the perfect environment for individuals that enjoy a challenge and want to make a difference. We offer competitive salaries, medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability and a 401(k) plan, educational assistance and training.Apply