Are you a US-based Designer/Drafter looking to support engineering services in our Industrial Department’s Huntington, West Virginia office? Are you interested in contributing to our rapid growth by applying your skills in a diverse project environment?
Our Industrial Department specializes in providing solutions for petroleum & chemical, food & beverage, process & manufacturing, and fueling support for aviation facilities. Work elements include liquid and gas storage; pumping and piping systems; heat exchangers; drainage systems; and bulk petroleum/chemical receipt, storage, and loading systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Design components or portions of systems and modify existing designs to develop or improve
- Perform standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations
- Follow standard work methods for preparing engineering drawings under general supervision
- Utilize computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools
- Gather information, make studies, perform calculations, and prepare original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal
- Coordinate design criteria with engineering, tooling, material, and planning group in accordance with contractual specifications
- Perform computer-aided drafting and basic design of electrical power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, and communication systems for client facilities
This job might be for you if you:
- Are familiar with one-line diagrams, riser diagrams, electrical plan view drawings, and the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Know how to create layouts, sketches, and 2D/3D modeling and electronic document drawing files.
- Can use AutoCAD and Revit MEP (3D modeling standard) for modeling and space coordination exercises.
- Can prepare drawings and sketches using CAD workstations, appropriate design criteria, and technical manuals, often working closely with engineers to coordinate designs.
- Have thorough knowledge of procedures and technical concepts within own area and are familiar with regulations and standards for area.
- Can evaluate and resolve problems by applying appropriate solutions from previous practice and similar experiences, using appropriate technology and seeking assistance as needed.
- Two-year Associate Degree in relevant field
- Drafting/design and related course work or Associate of Applied Science degree in electrical technology is preferred
- Exposure to NEC and electrical design requirements
- Proficiency with AutoCAD; additional proficiency in MicroStation is preferred
- Industrial project experience is preferred
- Experience in other disciplines such as mechanical or structural is preferred
Prime Engineering, Inc. is seeking individuals committed to professional growth, enjoys challenges, and wants to make a difference. We offer competitive salaries, a group health plan offering medical, vision and dental coverage, a matching 401(k) plan, disability coverage, educational assistance, paid training, company stock ownership, an Employee Assistance Program, and credit union membership.