Prime Engineering, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Designer to support our Industrial team in Pittsburgh, PA.
Prime Engineering, Inc. (A Stratus Team Company) helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are architects, engineers, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
This Electrical Designer will obtain professional experience in a variety of engineering materials and situations under the direct mentoring of licensed professional engineers. You will contribute to our rapid growth by learning and applying multi-disciplinary engineering skills in a diverse project environment.
- Using engineering design standards and software, prepares and produces comprehensive electrical drawing packages based on provided internal and client technical standards
- Able to read and interpret electrical blueprints, schematics and diagrams
- Collaboration with engineering colleagues to ensure successful project quality and timeline adherence.
- Execute changes to designs based on redlines or markups for ongoing projects
- Perform field visits to document and evaluate existing conditions and ongoing construction
- Attend and participate in meetings with clients and other design professionals
- Reviews drawings from Vendors, Clients, Subcontractors, and Construction Teams to ensure proper project coordination and quality
- Able to work on a diverse portfolio of project types and clients
- 2-5-year experience
- 2 years’ experience with AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and formulas
- Experience with Bluebeam, MicroStation and Revit preferred
- Advanced knowledge of electrical calculations and design standards
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- MEP Design Experience a plus
- Electrical field experience a plus
Why join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
What Prime Offers
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations