Prime Engineering is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to be in our Pittsburgh office. The Electrical Project Engineer will perform engineering calculations, code analysis, and design all phases of a project with little to no supervision.
Prime Engineering, Inc. based in Atlanta, with multiple branch offices is a full-service engineering consultant offering clients a fully integrated planning, surveying, engineering, architecture, procurement, and construction solution. We are experienced specialists who welcome some of the biggest industry challenges and serve as reliable partners with our clients and colleagues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in electrical engineering and design for lighting systems, power distribution, fire alarm design, electrical plans, Control Systems Design, Instrumentation Design, electrical calculations, field investigations & Construction Administration.
- Performs simple & routine tasks assigned at the direction of senior level engineers using the standards set by the company, group, client, etc.
- Interface with clients, subconsultants and other engineering disciplines.
- Become familiar with company’s and client’s methods, standards and practices
- Corrects mark-up on drawings provided by engineers
- Communication with clients, sub-consultants and office staff
- May require up to 20% travel
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical design
- Experience with MS Office
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD Electrical is a plus
- Strong ability to work in team environment
- Knowledge of Applicable Codes and Standards such as (NFPA, NESC, API, etc.)
Why people join Prime?
The single most important reason is an opportunity for challenging work and advancement. Our growth objectives are stretching and challenging. We take pride in what we do and believe that anything worth doing is worth doing with excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company paid Professional Development and Licensing