Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated Professional Engineer with 2-5 years of consulting experience to join our Industrial Group as an Electrical Engineer.
The Electrical Project Engineer will perform engineering calculations, analyze codes, and design all phases of a project with little to no supervision. Responsibilities will include: lighting systems, power distribution, fire alarm design, electrical site plans, electrical calculations, field investigation, review of submittals, and maintaining familiarity with NEC (National Electric Code) and standard industry design practices. The engineer should be self-driven to complete design and analysis tasks for projects as well as coordinate design and design issues with the Project Manager, team members, and outside design consultants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Electrical Project Engineer will provide expertise in the following tasks:
- Power distribution
- Lighting systems
- Panel design
- Fire alarm design
- Electrical site plans
- Tele/data systems
- Electrical calculations
- Field investigations
- Submittal review
- Construction/field technical support
The Electrical Project Engineer will continue development of CAD skills and knowledge of company systems; will strive for professional registration; and will stay current on all relevant codes and specifications.
- 2-5 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited college or university
- Familiarity with the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to formulate plans of action with minimal review by supervisor
- Proficient at AutoCAD Electrical and/or other computer engineering tools
- Ability to create and review CAD models and design drawings
- Use of standard computer programs for written communications (e.g., MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Travel (up to 20%) may be required
Prime Engineering, Inc. is seeking individuals committed to professional growth, enjoys challenges, and wants to make a difference. We offer competitive salaries, a group health plan offering medical, vision and dental coverage, a matching 401(k) plan, disability coverage, educational assistance, paid training, company stock ownership, an Employee Assistance Program, and credit union membership.