Prime Engineering is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to be in our Pittsburgh, Huntington or Atlanta office.
The Industrial Market Segment specializes in petroleum & chemical, food & beverage, process & manufacturing, and aviation facilities. Work elements include liquid and gas storage; pumping and piping systems; heat exchangers; drainage systems; and bulk petroleum/chemical receipt, storage, and loading systems. The Electrical Project Engineer will perform engineering calculations, code analysis, and design all phases of a project with little to no supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in electrical engineering and design for lighting systems, power distribution, fire alarm design, electrical plans, Control Systems Design, Instrumentation Design, electrical calculations, field investigations & Construction Administration.
- Perform simple & routine tasks assigned at the direction of senior level engineers using the standards set by the company, group, client, etc.
- Interface with clients, subconsultants and other engineering disciplines .
- Become familiar with company’s and client’s methods, standards and practices
- Corrects mark-up on drawings provided by engineers
- Communication with clients, sub-consultants and office staff
- Travel requirement estimated up to 20%
- Minimum of 2 years experience in electrical design
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from accredited college or university
- Experience with MS Office
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD Electrical is a plus
- Strong ability to work in team environment
- Knowledge of Applicable Codes and Standards such as (NFPA, NESC, API, etc.)
Why Prime Engineering?
We believe people are our greatest asset. We take pride in what we do and believe that anything worth doing is worth doing with excellence. If you have a passion for being a part of a rapidly growing employee-owned company that works with a wide range of unusual and extraordinary clients and projects, then Prime is for you.
What Prime Offers
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations
- Beautiful office setting
- Onsite fitness center and café