Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer to support our Industrial Market Segment in Atlanta, Georgia.
Prime Engineering, Inc. (A Stratus Team Company) helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are architects, engineers, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
You will directly contribute to our rapid growth by learning and applying inter-disciplinary engineering skills in a diverse project environment. The Industrial Market Segment specializes in petroleum & chemical, food & beverage, process & manufacturing, and aviation facilities. Work elements include liquid and gas storage; pumping and piping systems; heat exchangers; drainage systems; and bulk petroleum/chemical receipt, storage, and loading systems.
- Preparation of design documents, specifications, cost estimates, studies, or reports
- Detailed engineering analysis of project systems
- Equipment sizing and selection
- Drafting in AutoCAD Plant 3D to create approval, permitting, or construction drawings.
- Site investigations to determine existing conditions.
- Site visits to support construction efforts.
- Management of mechanical deliverables
- Collaborate with clients, subconsultants, and office staff
- May require up to 25% travel
- Minimum 2-5 years of engineering consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum.
- High level of initiative, capable of driving projects or assignments forward with limited oversight
- EIT certification
- PE license a plus
- Entry level understanding of hydraulic analysis and pumping systems.
- Experience with steam systems a plus
- Knowledge of API, ASME 31.1, ASME 31.3, ASME 31.4, and ANSI Standards a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD software suites
Why Join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company-sponsored outings and onsite celebrations