Prime Engineering, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Project Engineer to support our engineering services in our Industrial Market Segment in the Atlanta, Georgia area.
Prime Engineering, Inc. helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are engineers, architects, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
Prime Engineering, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Project Engineer to support our engineering services in our Industrial Market Segment in the Atlanta, Georgia area. You will directly contribute to our rapid growth by learning and applying inter-disciplinary engineering skills in a diverse project environment.
The Industrial Market Segment specializes in petroleum & chemical, food & beverage, process & manufacturing, and aviation facilities. Work elements include liquid and gas storage; pumping and piping systems; heat exchangers; drainage systems; and bulk petroleum/chemical receipt, storage, and loading systems.
Our rigorous training program will expose you to every facet of our operation. You will learn not only the necessary technical skills, but also the management characteristics. If you have a passion about growing and developing your engineering skills while being introduced to a wide range of unusual and extraordinary clients and projects, then we want you.
As a Mechanical Project Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Preparation of design documents, specifications, and cost estimates
- Detailed design engineering
- Preparation of studies and reports
- Site investigations and construction administration
- Identification and management of client deliverables and expectations
- Communicate with clients, subconsultants, and office staff
- May require up to 25% travel
- Minimum 5 years of engineering consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum
- EIT certification
- PE license a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD
- Must be resourceful and interact with a high level of professionalism with clients, subconsultants, and office staff
Why people join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
What Prime Offers
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations
- Beautiful office setting
- Onsite fitness center and café