Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer to support our Industrial Market Segment in Cincinnati,. OH.
Prime Engineering, Inc. (A Stratus Team Company) helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are architects, engineers, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
You will be expected to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. This position requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories and practices of this field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Performs basic design tasks including but not limited to creating general layout drawings, P&ID development, 3D modeling, preparing Bill of Materials, construction drawing production, and CAD work in accordance with company/client standards and specifications.
- Completes studies, investigations, and calculations for a variety of engineering projects to provide specific and efficient solutions for clients.
- Perform mechanical calculations and analysis (such as hydraulic analysis, pipe stress analysis, etc.) to size equipment appropriately. Work closely with vendors for verification and recommendations.
- Collaborate amongst a multidisciplinary team of mechanical, electrical, structural, and civil engineers to achieve a complete project design package.
- Interface with clients and project managers to establish understanding of project scope, schedule, budget. Conduct site visits to gather information on existing conditions, assess mechanical feasibility, and understand specific design parameters.
- Oversee construction activities and provide on-site construction support. Coordinate with on-site personnel and contractors to ensure safety procedures are being followed, construction activities reflect drawing and design specifications, track contractor RFIs, coordinate outages, troubleshoot construction roadblocks, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 1-4 Years’ experience
- Construction/field experience
Why Join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company-sponsored outings and onsite celebrations