Are you a US-based Designer/Drafter looking to support engineering services in our Industrial Department’s Huntington, West Virginia office? Are you interested in contributing to our rapid growth by applying your skills in a diverse project environment?
Our Industrial Department specializes in providing solutions for petroleum & chemical, food & beverage, process & manufacturing, and fueling support for aviation facilities. Work elements include liquid and gas storage; pumping and piping systems; heat exchangers; drainage systems; and bulk petroleum/chemical receipt, storage, and loading systems.
Mid-Level CAD Technician/ Designer – Industrial
The CAD Technician/Designer is responsible for producing construction documents with the aid of computer design software to assist in the engineering/design process. All areas of production necessary to provide deliverables to the client are the ultimate responsibility of the CAD Technician through the use of proper company standards.
- 3-5 years of process piping, electrical, civil, and structural experience preferred.
- Develop Equipment arrangements utilizing manufacturer data and design criteria.
- Create piping layouts for complex piping systems with minimum supervision, utilizing P&ID’s
- Pipe spec’s EA’s, along with a working knowledge of Best Piping Practice / Industry Standards
- AutoCAD proficient with additional experience in Plant3d, Cadworx, and Revit preferred
- Experience using 3D Scan data and 3D modeling a plus
- Experience using Faro 3D laser scanner a plus
- Possess an Associates Degree in Design Technology or equivalent with 3-5 years of design experience or no degree and 10 years of proven design experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Prepares drawings using Engineering Scope of Work and/or information gathered from client, Project Manager, Project Engineer, and other disciplines.
- Experience in gathering field information and developing field sketches.
- Prepares complete design packages for multi discipline projects
- Prepares multi-discipline design solutions
- Develop piping as-builts from 3D laser scans for design and development
- Identifies and pulls all necessary client drawings for his discipline from client files. Interacts with clients to resolve design issues.
- Determines what drawings are needed from other design teams for project completion and coordinates to accomplish project requirements
- Checks designs for completeness against project Scope of Work.
- Applies department technical specifications to design activities.
- Assists in performing quality checks of drawings to ensure client and Prime Engineering, Inc. standards are met.
- Some travel may be required.
Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently utilizing
- AutoCad Plant 3D 2018
- Civil 3D 2018
- Revit 2018
- CadWorx Plant 2018
- CadWorx Structural 2018
Prime Engineering, Inc. is committed to the professional and personal growth of employees and is the perfect environment for individuals that enjoy a challenge and want to make a difference. We offer competitive salaries, medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability and a 401(k) plan, educational assistance and training.