Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a Mid-Level Electrical Engineer to join our team.
Prime Engineering, Inc. helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are engineers, architects, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
This position is open in all office locations:
Huntington, West Virginia
The electrical engineer’s responsibilities include creating and reviewing all engineering design plans, performing complex calculations, designing, and constructing electrical systems and their components, liaising with other engineers, and maintaining relationships with clients, vendors, and other stakeholders. You should be able to stick to the allocated budget and build reliable, quality electrical systems.
As a Mid-Level Electrical Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Building and analyzing technical drawings, interpreting specifications, and determining the electrical requirements of a given project
- Liaising with other engineers and clients to ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Managing and monitoring all assigned electrical projects
- Ensuring health and safety codes are obeyed at all times
- Completing quality assurance on all electrical drawings, projects and writing up reports
- Using CAD & REVIT software to draft designs
- Analyzing and approving various construction and engineering plans
- Diagnosing problems and troubleshooting equipment
- Ensuring all deadlines and budgetary requirements are met
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in electrical engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electrical design
- Experience with CAD software and MS Office
- A sound understanding of electrical standards and references
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Excellent time management and diagnostic skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in project management preferred
- PE Preferred
Why people join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
What Prime Offers
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations
- Beautiful office setting