Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a Marketing Communications Assistant ready to jump into multiple facets of marketing.
Prime Engineering, Inc. helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are engineers, architects, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
The Piping Designer is responsible for producing construction documents with the aid of computer design software to assist in the engineering/design process. All areas of production necessary to provide deliverables to the client are the ultimate responsibility of the piping designer using proper company standards.
- Prepares drawings using Engineering Scope of Work and/or information gathered from client, Project Manager, Project Engineer, and other disciplines.
- Experience in gathering field information and developing field sketches.
- Prepares complete design packages for multi discipline projects
- Prepares multi-discipline design solutions
- Develops piping as-builts from 3D laser scans for design and development
- Identifies and pulls all necessary client drawings for his discipline from client files. Interacts with clients to resolve design issues.
- Determines what drawings are needed from other design teams for project completion and coordinates to accomplish project requirements
- Checks designs for completeness against project Scope of Work.
- Applies department technical specifications to design activities.
- Assists in performing quality checks of drawings to ensure client and Prime Engineering, Inc. standards are met.
- Some travel may be required.
- Must possess an associate degree in Design Technology or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of process piping, electrical, civil, and structural design experience or no degree and 10 years of proven design experience
- Develop Equipment arrangements utilizing manufacturer data and design criteria.
- Create piping layouts for complex piping systems with minimum supervision, utilizing P&ID’s
- Pipe spec’s EA’s, along with a working knowledge of Best Piping Practice / Industry Standards
- AutoCAD proficient with additional experience in Plant3d, Cadworx, and Revit preferred
- Experience using 3D Scan data and 3D modeling a plus
- Experience using Faro 3D laser scanner a plus
- Prepares drawings using Engineering Scope of Work and/or information gathered from client, Project
Why people join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
What Prime Offers
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations