Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking an initiative-taking Project Manager, to be in our Huntington West Virginia office, to interface as the key point of contact with a client for major multidisciplinary project. You will contribute to our rapid growth by applying inter-disciplinary engineering skills in a diverse project environment.
The Industrial Market Segment specializes in petroleum & chemical, food & beverage, consumer products, process & manufacturing, and fueling support for aviation facilities. Work elements include liquid and gas storage; pumping and piping systems; heat exchangers; drainage systems; and bulk petroleum/chemical receipt, storage, loading systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include overseeing project management for industrial sector projects from concept through client acceptance. Provide lead interface with customer.
- Interface as the firm’s key point of contact with a client for major multidisciplinary projects, prepare project management plans, project plans, and oversee team and discipline execution of a project to meet budget, schedule, and quality requirements through project lifecycle.
- Responsible for overall project deliverables (safety, scope, schedule, budget, quality, communication, information management, customer acceptance, etc.).
- Responsible for building and maintaining internal and external relationships to ensure collaboration, cooperation, and communication throughout the project.
- Able to manage a team of a business unit, office or market segment and supports the market segment manager in developing business strategy and business development.
- Function as an account manager for a strategic account within the business unit.
- Able to understand and develop scope of projects with existing and new clients, scope the project, write the proposal, and identify staffing requirements for the project.
- Ensure projects are executed in compliance with Prime and/or Customer workflow and design standards.
- Leads the schedule, design, and cost estimate review process for assigned projects.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team; attract, recruit, and retain required members of the team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the Company.
- Support the firm’s culture centered on the concept of self-leadership in which everyone is expected to not only perform his/her job but also to improve.
- Provide both entrepreneur and general management skills to meet the growth goal for the Company with a mature, capable, and effective management organization.
- Provide the people leadership style that fits with the firm’s culture of support for individual goals, respect for people, and positive encouragement for the career advancement of others.
- Manages project engineers, construction administrators, and/or contractors during various phases of project executions.
- Responsible gate keeper for technical content or review of technical content with subject matter expert(s).
- Function as a discipline lead or technical expert on certain projects as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Engineering preferred from an ABET accredited curriculum, or equivalent combination of food engineering experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience with at least 5 years in project management and at least 2-year experience in a A/E/C Engineering Firm or Consulting experience required.
- PE Preferred
- Ability to perform as a technical lead in mechanical, process, electrical, or civil engineering discipline.
- Good facilitator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attentiveness to detail, follow-up procedures, and documentation of action. Proficient in time management and personal organization.
- Travel requirement 10%
- Valid driver’s license required.
Why do people join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You will play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You will learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers many opportunities for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
What Prime Offers
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations