Prime Engineering, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Senior Engineer/Project Manager in Houston, Texas to support our engineering services in our Industrial Market Segment.
You will contribute to our rapid growth applying inter-disciplinary engineering skills in a diverse project environment. You must possess strong experience designing for petroleum & chemical and process & manufacturing facilities in a consulting environment. Individuals will perform and manage efforts in planning, design, permitting, and construction administration phases of a variety of technically challenging projects.
Specific desired project experience includes: Bulk petroleum/chemical receipt, storage, and loading systems; industrial liquid and gas storage, pumping, and piping systems; process chemical plant systems; heat exchangers; and industrial drainage systems. Experience with Facility Operations is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing the development of multi-disciplinary industrial projects
- Business development and sales activities in support of project development
- Proposal writing in support of in-house marketing communications and sales staff
- Preparing plans, specifications, cost estimates and construction documents
- Preparing studies and design reports
- Preparing technical calculations as needed to support engineering services
- Identifying and managing client deliverables and expectations
- Technical review of industrial projects
- Corporate Level Leadership
- Corporate Level Personnel Management – Growth and development
- Industrial Market Segment Senior Engineer/Project Manager
- Travel – May require up to 30% travel
- 10+ years’ related experience
- Bachelor of Engineering from an ABET-accredited university (Civil, Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical)
- Professional Engineering license required
- Strong technical and design skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, AutoCAD and 3D environments
- Demonstrated success in a variety of technically challenging projects – planning, design, permitting, and construction administration
Why people join Prime?
Why do high achievers join Prime? The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations
- Beautiful office setting
- Onsite fitness center and café