Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to lead mechanical design project teams to create world class designs for new projects, retrofits, and expansions on a variety of projects including power, process, food and beverage, consumer products, pipeline and airports to support our engineering services in our Industrial Market Segment.
Prime Engineering, Inc. helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are engineers, architects, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
You will contribute to our rapid growth by applying inter-disciplinary engineering skills in a diverse project environment. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will lead the project team throughout the design and construction process, adapting mechanical plans according to budget constraints, design factors or client needs.
The Industrial Market Segment specializes in petroleum & chemical, food & beverage, consumer products, process & manufacturing, and fueling support for aviation facilities. Work elements include liquid and gas storage; pumping and piping systems; heat exchangers; drainage systems; and bulk petroleum/chemical receipt, storage, loading systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the development of multi-disciplinary industrial projects
- Lead process/mechanical design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion.
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines (Civil / Structural, Electrical/Instrumentation/Controls, Designers, Architectural, Process) in the design of projects within the food and consumer product manufacturing industries. Processes include fluid and liquid handling, dry material handling, and packaging of both liquid and dry materials.
- Prepare mechanical equipment / instrumentation: packaged equipment / instrumentation specifications and data sheets, technical bid summaries, and purchase recommendations.
- Develop the project’s equipment layout and piping design with the designer.
- Ensures Project deliverables comply with Prime Engineering QA/QC Program.
- Leads field inspections, installation, measurements, or calculations for project’s & clients.
- Prepare and present technical reports for clients and industry publications.
- Build effective relationships with existing clients, customers and contractors and develop new business opportunities. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction goals and expectations are met.
- Lead the development of cost proposals and qualification statements to achieve stated targets and standards for financial performance.
- Prepare and present project budgets and cost estimates.
- Lead the discipline design for large projects and delegating work tasks to team members.
- Mentor junior engineers
- Proposal writing support of in-house marketing communications and sales staff
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- 6+ years of related experience in the design and layout of food and beverage processing lines
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional engineering teams
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in multiple processed food platforms (i.e., snacks, cereal, RTE, dairy, brewing)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, or similar Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Professional Engineering License or ability to obtain one within 2 years preferred
- Experience in multiple processed food platforms (i.e., meat & poultry, dairy (spray drying, PMO, CIP, etc.), bottling and snack foods)
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite). 3D Modeling capabilities utilizing AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, Navisworks and CAESAR II, & PDF Markup Tool
- Expert knowledge in standard engineering techniques and procedures. Strong knowledge of design codes (ASME, ANSI, PIP). Some familiarity with Sanitary Design including 3A standards and CGMP
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment.
- Ability to travel within the United States
Why people join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations