Prime Engineering, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer to support our engineering services in our Atlanta Office working in the Industrial Market Segment.
You will contribute to our rapid growth by learning and applying inter-disciplinary engineering skills in a diverse project environment. You must possess strong experience designing for petroleum & chemical and process & manufacturing facilities in a consulting environment.
The Industrial Market Segment specializes in petroleum & chemical, food & beverage, process & manufacturing, and fueling support for aviation facilities. Work elements include liquid and gas storage; pumping and piping systems; heat exchangers; drainage systems; and bulk petroleum/chemical receipt, storage, and loading systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the development of multi-disciplinary industrial projects
- Contribute to leadership of a team of engineers in a collaborative environment
- Mentor junior engineers
- Proposal writing support of in-house marketing communications and sales staff
- Ensure designs are compliant with companies principle design standards
- Preparing technical calculations (e.g., hydraulic analysis, pipe stress analysis, thermal expansion calculations, etc.)
- Identifying and managing client deliverables and expectations
- Design technical review of industrial projects
- 10+ years’ related experience in: Bulk petroleum/chemical receipt, storage, and loading systems, Industrial liquid and gas storage, pumping, and piping systems, Process chemical plant systems, heat exchangers, industrial drainage systems
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited university
- Professional Engineering license required
- Strong technical and design skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, AutoCAD, and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Demonstrated success in a variety of technically challenging projects – planning, design, permitting, and construction administration
Why people join Prime?
Why do high achievers join Prime? The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations
- Beautiful office setting
- Onsite fitness center and café