Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical/Process Engineer for our Atlanta Office.
Prime Engineering, Inc. helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are engineers, architects, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
You will be a part of the Industrial Market Segment which specializes in petroleum & chemical, food & beverage, process & manufacturing, and aviation facilities. Work elements include liquid and gas storage; pumping and piping systems; heat exchangers; drainage systems; and bulk petroleum/chemical receipt, storage, and loading systems.
As a Senior Mechanical/Process Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- You will contribute to our rapid growth by learning and applying inter-disciplinary engineering skills in a diverse project environment. Preparing construction documents, studies, design reports, and technical calculations (e.g., hydraulic analysis, pipe stress analysis, thermal expansion calculations, etc.)
- You will perform and manage the planning, design, permitting, and construction administration phases of projects.
- Preparing plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Performing site investigations and construction administration
- Identifying and managing client deliverables and expectations
- You will work with multi-disciplinary staff and specialty sub-consultants, providing Technical and proposal writing support
- You will communicate with clients, maintain client satisfaction, and develop new business opportunities.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited university
- Experience designing for petroleum, chemical, food & beverage, and/or other process & manufacturing facilities in a consulting environment.
- Strong technical and design skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 10-20 years’ related experience in:
- Bulk petroleum/chemical receipt, storage, and loading systems
- Industrial liquid and gas storage, pumping, and piping systems
- Process chemical plant systems
- Food & Beverage process plant systems
- Heat exchangers
- Industrial drainage systems
- Consulting engineering services
- Demonstrated success in a variety of technically challenging projects – planning, design, permitting, and construction administration
- Professional Engineering license required
- Ability to travel as much as 20% of time
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD experience (strongly preferred)
- Experience with HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems or industrial automation/control systems
Why people join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations
- Beautiful office setting
- Onsite fitness center and café