Prime Engineering, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Mid-Level CAD Technician/Designer to support our Industrial team in Huntington, West Virginia.
Prime Engineering, Inc. is a full-service engineering firm based in Atlanta, Georgia with offices across the US. Prime offers in-house capabilities for total project development – from planning and alternatives evaluation – through surveying, design, permitting, construction management, design/build, and startup services. This position would be located in Huntington, WV
Prime Engineering, Inc. specializes in the aviation, civil/site development, facilities, industrial, municipal, surveying, and transportation market segments. Project capabilities range from feasibility studies through comprehensive design and construction of complex multi-million-dollar projects. We are currently accepting resumes for the following position:
Mid-Level CAD Technician/ Designer – Industrial
The CAD Technician/Designer is responsible for producing construction documents with the aid of computer design software to assist in the engineering/design process. All areas of production necessary to provide deliverables to the client are the ultimate responsibility of the CAD Technician through the use of proper company standards.
Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently utilizing: AutoCad Plant 3D 2018, Civil 3D 2018, Revit 2018, MicroStation, CadWorx Plant 2018, CadWorx Structural 2018, RECAP, Navisworks and Bluebeam
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares drawings using Engineering Scope of Work and/or information gathered from client, Project Manager, Project Engineer, and other disciplines.
- Experience in gathering field information and developing field sketches.
- Prepares complete design packages for multi discipline projects
- Prepares multi-discipline design solutions
- Develop piping as-builts from 3D laser scans for design and development
- Identifies and pulls all necessary client drawings for his discipline from client files. Interacts with clients to resolve design issues.
- Determines what drawings are needed from other design teams for project completion and coordinates to accomplish project requirements
- Checks designs for completeness against project Scope of Work.
- Applies department technical specifications to design activities.
- Assists in performing quality checks of drawings to ensure client and Prime Engineering, Inc. standards are met.
- Some travel may be required.
- 3-5 years of process piping, electrical, civil, and structural experience preferred.
- Develop Equipment arrangements utilizing manufacturer data and design criteria.
- Create piping layouts for complex piping systems with minimum supervision, utilizing P&ID’s
- Pipe spec’s EA’s, along with a working knowledge of Best Piping Practice / Industry Standards
- AutoCAD proficient with additional experience in Plant3d, Cadworx, and Revit preferred
- Experience using 3D Scan data and 3D modeling a plus
- Experience using Faro 3D laser scanner a plus
- Possess an associate degree in Design Technology or equivalent with 3-5 years of design experience or no degree and 10 years of proven design experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
Why people join Prime?
The single most important reason is an opportunity for challenging work and advancement. Our growth objectives are stretching and challenging. We take pride in what we do and believe that anything worth doing is worth doing with excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company paid Professional Development and Licensing