Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager, Food & Beverage/Manufacturing in our Industrial Market Segment with overall responsibility for technical scope, schedule, and budget deliverables.
Prime Engineering, Inc. helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are engineers, architects, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
The Industrial Market Segment specializes in petroleum & chemical, food & beverage, consumer products, process & manufacturing, and fueling support for aviation facilities. Work elements include liquid and gas storage; pumping and piping systems; heat exchangers; drainage systems; and bulk petroleum/chemical receipt, storage, loading systems.
Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Project Manager, Food & Beverage/Manufacturing with overall responsibility for technical scope, schedule, and budget deliverables on projects. Develop client relationships to promote continuing / future project work opportunities. May function as a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of their engineering discipline. Significant experience in food and/or beverage production, processing, and packaging systems design and implementation is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing project management for food and beverage sector projects from concept through client acceptance. Provide lead interface with customer.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of the project execution through customer acceptance and closeout.
- Responsible for overall project deliverables (safety, scope, schedule, budget, quality, communication, information management, customer acceptance, etc.).
- Responsible for building and maintaining internal and external relationships to ensure collaboration, cooperation, and communication throughout the project.
- Ensure projects are executed in compliance with Prime and/or Customer workflow and design standards.
- Leads the schedule, design, and cost estimate review process for assigned projects.
- Manages the development of execution plans and manages installation through startup activities.
- Assists in the competitive bidding process for the procurement of equipment and construction, including conducting pre-bid and post-bid meetings.
- Manages project engineers, construction administrators, and/or contractors during various phases of project executions.
- Responsible gate keeper for technical content or review of technical content with subject matter expert(s).
- Function as a discipline lead or technical expert on certain projects as needed.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Engineering preferred from an ABET accredited curriculum, or equivalent combination of food engineering experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience with at least 5 years in project management and at least 2-year experience in a A/E/C Engineering Firm or Consulting experience required.
- Ability to perform as a technical lead in mechanical, process, electrical, or packaging engineering discipline.
- Good facilitator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attentiveness to detail, follow-up procedures, and documentation of action. Proficient in time management and personal organization.
- Travel is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Why people join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations