Prime Engineering is currently seeking an initiative-taking SUE Project Manager located in our Atlanta office.
Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking an initiative-taking SUE Project Manager, located in our Atlanta office, to manage all aspects of his/her assigned public and private SUE projects, including field work, deliverables, and client communication, billing, & A/R control under the direction of the Department Head. The PM has a thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, and procedures to provide Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) services. The PM operates under a certain degree of autonomy using the staff and resources allocated to them to provide top-quality service to the client while meeting profitability goals. The PM position is a salaried, exempt-from-overtime position, and may require working more than 40 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
- Able to apply ASCE standard Civil Engineering practices to assigned SUE projects.
- Able to perform project assignments within the scope of work and guidelines defined, within the time and schedule allocations provided. These assignments will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing client proposals and estimates.
- Coordinating permits as needed for project execution.
- Contacting local, state, and client personnel to request and check data, reports, and other material, as needed.
- Reviewing and processing field data on assigned projects, recognizing discrepancies in results.
- Preparing engineering documents using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation software platforms, and assembling project deliverable packages.
- Reviewing and preparing invoices and progress reports to client.
- Able to communicate clearly with other company personnel, including other Project Managers, Field Staff, Administration, and Leadership via telephone, text, email, and face-to-face conversations.
- Able to communicate clearly with client personnel and subconsultants via telephone, text, email, and face-to-face conversations.
- Able to represent the firm at client meetings in a professional manner.
- Able to report to work on time.
Additional Job Duties (If Applicable)
- Actively participates in at least one professional organization.
- Actively participates in Business Development efforts as requested by Leadership.
- Additional job duties as assigned by Department Head.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Sit for up to 8 hours
- May be required to go out to job site, walking long distances
- Able to tolerate stress during peak work hours
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide management and direction for existing and new projects.
- Build relationships with potential and existing clients to foster a long-term business relationship and to secure new assignments.
- Help grow our internal SUE Department with the proper staff and clients.
- Assist in the development of SUE processes and procedures.
- Bridge the gap between field and office communication and QC of utility designates before CAD Technicians process data.
- Prepare work plans, assembles project team, delegate tasks, and ensure compliance with scope and timely completion of tasks.
- Review invoices and prepare/review progress reports to client.
- Initiate, prepares, review, and participate in proposals, rate & staff hour estimate preparation, and negotiations.
- Serve as representative of Prime at client meetings.
- Establish and maintain quality assurance plans and safety plans for assigned projects.
- Oversee all QA/QC functions to ensure accurate and high-quality deliverables to clients.
- Assist with all office operations for efficiency, accuracy, and compliance with Prime’s practices, policies, and procedures.
- Perform plans reading and act as liaison between designers, utility agencies and owner on behalf of clients.
- Communicate verbally and formally the status of coordination activities to keep project team informed regarding utilities.
- Occasional out-of-town work may be required. (travel less than 25%).
- Thorough understanding of ASCE Standards and Colorado SB 18-167 and their applications to each project
- Thorough understanding of utility-locating equipment
- 5+ Years of SUE/Project Management experience andno fewer than 3 years of supervisory experience
- Proficiency with SUE utility-designating equipment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Proficient knowledge of utility infrastructures and owners of those utilities
- General knowledge of utility infrastructures
- Valid driver’s license
- Process oriented, analytical, well spoken, and good at problem solving
- Good technical skills
- Must be able to pass federal background checks for working at airports and other government facilities and able to pass drug screenings
- Must have clean driving record
- Local Georgia experience preferred
- Proficient in the use of: AutoCAD (experience with Bluebeam is a plus)
Why people join Prime?
The single most important reason is an opportunity for challenging work and advancement. Our growth objectives are stretching and challenging. We take pride in what we do and believe that anything worth doing is worth doing with excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company paid Professional Development and Licensing