Are you a US-based Survey Crew Chief looking to support engineering services in our Atlanta office? Are you interested in contributing to our rapid growth by applying your skills in a diverse project environment?
Prime Engineering is currently accepting resumes from survey crew chiefs with previous consulting experience to work in our Infrastructure Market Segment, which specializes in providing solutions for residential, commercial, and municipal clients.
Candidates should have a working knowledge of field survey methods, materials, instruments, equipment and procedures; basic construction safety practices; and codes and ordinances, rules and regulations affecting field survey operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Researches property records.
- Performs and checks calculations and keeps field notes and records.
- Ensures that the survey crew observes departmental safety rules and regulations.
- Makes detailed sketches to aid drafting personnel in preparation of plans and drawings.
- Conducts land surveys to determine right of way lines, boundary lines, location of easements and encroachments.
- Responsible for establishing points, lines and distance for topographic, property, and construction field surveys, and construction layout.
- Provide assistance to survey technicians and design engineers in determining detail of grades and geometrics on street, sewer and other construction projects.
- Reduction of field data including line work.
- Responsible for initiating orders for surveying equipment and supplies
- Oversee the adjustment and maintenance of surveying equipment, supplies, meters, gauges, and distance meters.
- Responsible for maintenance of assigned vehicle.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Experience with Trimble Robotic & GPS equipment is a plus
- Must possess the ability and willingness to perform survey duties over difficult terrain and adverse weather conditions, as the job warrants.
- Ability to perform field work involving exertion of a moderate amount of physical effort, to work around traffic and construction sites in a safe manner.
- This position requires the use of a cellular telephone to be used for company business use. Crew Chief must sign and comply with Prime Engineering, Inc. Cellular Telephone Policy.
- Must be able to pass security screening for working on Airport and other Federal projects.
Prime Engineering, Inc. is committed to the professional and personal growth of employees and is the perfect environment for individuals that enjoy a challenge and want to make a difference. We offer competitive salaries, medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability and a 401(k) plan, educational assistance and training.