Prime Engineering is looking for a Survey Crew Chief to work out of our Atlanta office.
Prime Engineering, Inc. is a team of highly skilled engineers, architects, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators who are passionate about delivering top-quality architectural, engineering, and construction services to our clients. With over 30 years of experience, we’re committed to establishing and maintaining trusted partnerships with our clients, while providing our team members with the tools and resources they need to succeed. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects, collaborate with talented professionals, and make a real impact. If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career, join us at Prime Engineering, Inc.
Candidates should have a working knowledge of field survey methods, materials, instruments, equipment, and procedures; basic construction safety practices; and codes and ordinances, rules and regulations affecting field survey operations.
- Research property records.
- Performs and checks calculations and keeps field notes and records.
- Ensures that the survey crew observes departmental safety rules and regulations.
- Makes detailed sketches to aid drafting personnel in preparation of plans and drawings.
- Conducts land surveys to determine right of way lines, boundary lines, location of easements and encroachments.
- Responsible for establishing points, lines and distance for topographic, property, and construction field surveys, and construction layout.
- Provide assistance to survey technicians and design engineers in determining detail of grades and geometrics on street, sewer and other construction projects.
- Reduction of field data including line work.
- Responsible for initiating orders for surveying equipment and supplies; oversee the adjustment and maintenance of surveying equipment, supplies, meters, gauges, and distance meters.
- Responsible for maintenance of assigned vehicle.
- 3-5 years’ of experience
- Experience with Trimble Robotic & GPS equipment is a plus.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to perform survey duties over difficult terrain and adverse weather conditions, as the job warrants.
- Requires the ability to perform field work involving exertion of a moderate amount of physical effort, to work around traffic and construction sites in a safe manner.
- This position requires the use of a cellular telephone to be used for company business use. Crew Chief must sign and comply with Prime Engineering, Inc. Cellular Telephone Policy.
- Must be able to pass security screening for working on Airport and other Federal projects..
Why people join Prime?
The single most important reason is an opportunity for challenging work and advancement. Our growth objectives are stretching and challenging. We take pride in what we do and believe that anything worth doing is worth doing with excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company paid Professional Development and Licensing