Prime Engineering is looking for a Survey CAD Technician to work out of our Atlanta office.
Prime Engineering, Inc. is a team of highly skilled engineers, architects, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators who are passionate about delivering top-quality architectural, engineering, and construction services to our clients. With over 30 years of experience, we’re committed to establishing and maintaining trusted partnerships with our clients, while providing our team members with the tools and resources they need to succeed. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects, collaborate with talented professionals, and make a real impact. If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career, join us at Prime Engineering, Inc.
Candidates should have a working knowledge of field and office survey methods, materials, instruments, equipment, software and procedures; basic construction safety practices; and codes and ordinances, rules and regulations affecting field survey operations.
- Researchproperty records.
- Performs and checks calculations.
- Determines right of way lines, boundary lines, location of easements and encroachments.
- Responsible for establishing points, lines and distance for topographic, property, and construction field surveys, and construction layout.
- Provide assistance to surveyors and design engineers in determining detail of grades and geometrics on street, sewer and other construction projects.
- Perform map checks on parcel and subdivision maps.
- Complete boundary and easement surveys.
- Reduction of field data including line work.
- Ability to read and compose property legal descriptions
- Preparation of survey drawings using latest version of AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Some field work may be required.
- 3-5 years’ of experience
- Experience with Trimble Robotic & GPS equipment is a plus.
- Certification as a Licensed Surveyor in Training (LSIT) is a plus.
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Terramodel and (or) MicroStation is a plus
- This position requires the use of a cellular telephone to be used for company business use. Crew Chief must sign and comply with Prime Engineering, Inc. Cellular Telephone Policy.
- Must be able to pass security screening for working on Airport and other Federal projects.
Why people join Prime?
The single most important reason is an opportunity for challenging work and advancement. Our growth objectives are stretching and challenging. We take pride in what we do and believe that anything worth doing is worth doing with excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company paid Professional Development and Licensing