Prime Engineering is looking for a Survey Department Head to work out of our Atlanta office.
Prime Engineering, Inc. (A Stratus Team Company) helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are architects, engineers, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
We are currently accepting resumes from registered land surveyors with previous consulting experience to work in our Civic Department as Survey Manager.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of survey crews and provide direction related to surveying projects
- Provide a variety of professional and technical survey assistance;
- Acts as advisor to land surveying team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Ensure that all surveys follow applicable regulations and requirements including boundary calculations and legal issues;
- Develop, communicate and implement effective growth strategies and processes.
- Motivates and leads a high-performance management team; attracts, recruits, and retains required members of the executive team not currently in place; provides mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Education – Bachelor BS in Survey Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Licenses – Registered Land Surveyor (State of Georgia)
- Experience – 10+ years related to modern surveying methods, practices, and techniques.
- Must have the ability to understand and interpret legal descriptions; record survey maps; understand and interpret engineering and construction plans, diagrams, notes, specifications, and blueprints.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy to compute angles, areas, elevations, points, and contours of the earth’s surface from survey data.
- Must have knowledge of and be proficient in the use of field survey equipment including GPS, Robotics, and related software.
Why join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations