Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a Field Surveyor/Office Technician to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
Prime Engineering, Inc. (A Stratus Team Company) helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are architects, engineers, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
In this role, you should have a working knowledge of field survey methods, materials, instruments, equipment, and procedures; basic construction safety practices; and codes and ordinances, rules and regulations affecting field survey operations.
- Research property records.
- Perform and check calculations and keep field notes, pictures, and records.
- Make detailed sketches to aid drafting personnel in preparation of plans and drawings.
- Conduct land surveys to determine right of way lines, boundary lines, location of easements and encroachments.
- Responsible for establishing points, lines, and distance for topographic, property, and construction field surveys, and construction layout.
- Aid survey technicians and design engineers in determining detail of grades and geometrics on street, sewer, and other construction projects.
- Completes boundary and easement surveys, and reduction of field data including line work.
- Use Robotic and GPS equipment to assist in the preparation of the following:
- Topographic Surveys
- Boundary Surveys
- ALTA Surveys
- Subdivision Staking
- Construction Staking
- 10+ years of relatable land surveying experience
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate degree in surveying related field (preferred), other education to be considered upon review.
- Must have working knowledge of survey equipment, (Trimble equipment a plus) and utilizing equipment for GPS and conventional purposes.
- Carlson Survey & AutoCAD Civil 3d a plus
Why join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
- Competitive Salary
- Two Health Insurance Options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance (medical, dental, vision) premiums (and sliding scale of dependents premiums)
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death; short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) matching
- Company paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations