Prime Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a Technical Director to lead Department Heads of our Civil, Structural, Architecture, Mechanical, Process, Electrical, Survey, and Utilities teams.
Prime Engineering, Inc. (A Stratus Team Company) helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are architects, engineers, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
The Technical Director oversees, monitors, and reports on the technical/project-related operations firm-wide. The Technical Director champions standards, processes, and practices that drive cross-discipline coordination, quality, and delivery of our professional services. The Technical Director has depth and breadth knowledge of the design and construction industries and identifies where talent can be strengthened and expanded to better serve our clients. Your primary objective is to ensure seamless collaboration and the efficient execution of design projects to meet organizational goals and standards.
- Provide mentorship, leadership and inspiration for Technical Discipline Department Heads.
- Drive development of industry-best design and quality standards.
- Responsible for implementation of quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) processes.
- Responsible for overall multi-discipline project management practices and effective results.
- Drive growth and development of all technical teams.
- Technical resource providing discipline specific knowledge or industry best practices.
- Identify risk in engineering projects and develop mitigation strategies.
- Drives cross-discipline collaboration to minimize knowledge silos and coordination gaps.
- Consults with President and Market Leaders to identify strategic and operational goals.
- Provides business development and marketing support through development of client relationships, engagement, and review of proposal efforts.
- Collaborate with business development teams to understand client needs and develop solutions.
- Participate in client meetings and presentations to communicate technical approach and solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project objectives, scope, and requirements.
- Responsible for knowledge management and training.
- Identifies innovative technical solutions for internal project teams and clients.
- Conducts constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Engages with relevant industry organizations to promote Prime Engineering, Inc. and encourage active participation in nationally recognized committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Proven experience (typically 15+ years) in multi-discipline engineering leadership roles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to analyze financial data.
- Extensive technical knowledge of engineering and construction industries.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
Why join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
What Prime Offers
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations