Prime Engineering is seeking a Transportation Project Manager - DOT to support our engineering services in our Infrastructure Market Segment in Atlanta.
Prime Engineering, Inc. helps its clients achieve their business objectives by delivering top-quality A/E/C services in an effective, efficient, and collaborative fashion. We are engineers, architects, surveyors, designers, accountants, procurement specialists, communicators, and administrators. Collectively, we tackle difficult challenges, serve as trusted consultants, and passionately serve our clients from concept to completion. Our work doesn’t stop when a client cuts the ribbon on a new project, building, or facility. For more than 30 years, our Prime goal has been to establish and maintain trusted client partnerships that function efficiently in the short term and thrive over the long term.
We are currently looking for a Senior Transportation Project Manager – DOT for our Atlanta office. You will be a part of the Infrastructure/Municipal Market Segment. Your job duties and qualification are listed below:
- Manages transportation projects; ensures projects are completed according to scope, schedule and budget.
- Provides engineering services to support the design, permitting and construction of transportation projects, including street design, intersection improvements, storm drainage design, grading calculations, determining compliance with safety standards, etc.
- Runs computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) and GIS computer software, graphic software, hydrology and hydraulic modeling software, GPS data collectors, and basic surveying equipment to support engineering and development functions.
- Prepares and checks detail plans, design calculations, cost estimations and recommendations prepared by other engineers for completeness, mathematical accuracy, and conformity to engineering practices and standards.
- Compiles and analyzes engineering data and prepares conclusions and recommendations.
- Designs and prepares preliminary and final plans for trails, highways, drainage structures, municipal utilities, roadway lighting, traffic control devices, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), and miscellaneous highway facilities.
- Discusses plans, specifications and work schedules with contractors, utility companies, and other governmental agencies.
- Develops data for public review, hearings, or informational meetings.
- Prepares hydrologic/hydraulic studies and reports for use in the design of highway structures.
- Drafts internal and external correspondence; represents Prime at meetings; responds to data requests.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices used in the location design, construction, and maintenance of all types of trails, highways, and related structures.
- Knowledge of highway laws, codes, standards, and specifications pertaining to trail and highway engineering and costs.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and techniques used in the design, construction, and maintenance of highways and related structures.
- Knowledge of intelligent transportation and traffic management systems technology and applications. Knowledge of traffic operations theory and practice. Knowledge of engineering office practices and procedures.
- Ability to make mathematical computations and design engineering projects, as well as to use engineering instruments and tools including computers and engineering workstations.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans, specifications, and technical reports, maintain records, and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, maintain favorable public relations, prepare proposals for transportation-related projects (scope, schedule, and budget), and develop relationships with municipality’s and grow transportation design work
- Knowledge of Georgia Department of Transportation standards and specifications.
- Skilled in civil engineering principles and practices; county development regulations; and relevant federal, state, and local laws, including the GDOT Plan Development Process (PDP).
- Understanding of computers and job-related software programs, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CADD.
- Ability to prepare technical reports, cost estimates and schedules.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong public and interpersonal relations skills.
Why People Join Prime?
The most important reason is an opportunity for challenging but rewarding work and advancement. You’ll play a vital role in designing the big projects that make the headlines… as well as the thousands of smaller jobs that keep companies, cities, and counties running and competitive. You’ll learn across the spectrum of engineering disciplines – at Prime, there are no “silos,” only successful projects.
Prime Engineering offers talented performers ample opportunity for rapid advancement into management- or executive-level positions. Our growth objectives are ambitious, and we stretch and challenge the individual and the team. We need people who can evolve and adapt to meet our goals.
- Competitive salary
- Two health insurance options
- We pay 75% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision) and sliding scale of dependents’ premiums
- We pay 100% of employee life/accidental death plus short- and long-term disability premiums
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Company-paid Professional Development and Licensing
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program offering counseling in all aspects of life
- Company sponsored outings and onsite celebrations