Accuracy, responsiveness, and experience are our trademarks. We bring more than 35 years of experience to the industry, and our state-of-the-art robotic and GIS technology ensures both speed and accuracy. What used to take days can now be accomplished in hours.
But before we deploy our technology, we ensure that there are no surprises for our clients. Before dispatching our field crew, we develop a project plan for each assignment.
- We conduct a pre-survey site visit to identify any potential issues.
- We develop a written, detailed scope for each project before we develop the budget.
- We clearly define each client needs to minimize the likelihood of cost overruns or omission caused by a lack of clarity up front.
Prime’s Professional Land Surveyors work for private and public clients throughout Georgia and the Southeast. Projects including airports, cemeteries, commercial, industrial, mixed-use, residential, and similar developments benefit from Prime’s Professional Licensed Surveyors and decades of experience.
Prime’s Survey Department:
- Performs more than 200 surveys per year
- Routinely works with general contractors
- Is GDOT certified and has partnered with numerous DOT agencies on projects requiring surveyor/client coordination
Using the latest in robotic Total Stations, ground-penetrating radar, and 3D laser scanning technology, our survey crews identify potential problems early in the process, minimizing production costs. More than 85% of Prime’s surveying projects are for repeat clients who value our team’s quality, precision, and timeliness.
Projects and Services
- 3D laser mapping
- ALTA/ACSM Land Title
- Construction staking
- Demolition and removal
- Highway/roadway (DOT, residential)
- Master planning
- Obstruction surveys
- Onsite investigations
- Permitting, compliance, and regulations
- Plat preparation
- Rail design
- Records research
Prime Engineering provides digital output in various formats (MicroStation, CaiCE, AutoCAD, TerraModel, ArcView, and digital county tax maps). Our surveying and mapping professionals use the latest technologies in mapping, geographic information systems (GIS), and survey data compilation. We use only state-of-the-art equipment, including 3D laser scanners, ground-penetrating radar, satellite-based GPS instruments, electronic/laser distance-measuring systems, and laptop computers that enable daily data transmission, reduction, plotting, and verification.
All crews have a wide range of capabilities including the use of:
- ArcPad 7.0 Customizable GIS Data Collection Software
- Faro Focus 3D Laser Scanners (pictured at left)
- Topcon 8000 Series Robotic Total Stations
- Trimble R8 GPS Units linked to the Continuously Operated Reference Network
- Trimble S6 Robotic Instruments
- Trimble TSC2 Data Collectors
- Trimble Survey Controller Software
- Laptop Field Computers and Statewide Communications
- Off-road vehicles to ensure access to nearly any site, permitting efficient, speedy data collection
- Ground-penetrating radar and radio detection equipment allowing our crews to conduct Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) surveys to any desired Quality Level
In April, my colleague Brandon Enochs, our VP & Industrial Market Segment Manager, wrote an excellent blog about...Read More...
It’s that time of year when schools are wrapping up instruction for the year and final grades are...Read More...